Tameeka McNeil-Johnson is “the Curl Whisperer.” I met the very talented young lady at a natural hair event in Manhattan NY briefly, through a quick exchanged of business cards.
It was not until I found myself swearing at my hair, while trying to make perm and new growth work together that I realized that I needed to talk to a professional. I remember over-hearing Johnson talk about her ability to bring out anyone’s natural curl. After going to http://www.jadedtresses.com to find out more about what it meant to get “jaded” by Johnson, I gave her a call. I was nervous, yeah nervous is the best way to explain it.
See, when I would get my hair relaxed every 4 to 6 weeks, almost any professional could have touched my hair. I don’t know why, but after I started growing my hair back to its natural state, well let’s just say I have developed an appreciation for my hair. I pay more attention to every part, from the curliest that consumes the back of my head, to the middle of my head where approximately 6 inches of perm is still there waiting for the take over. So, that phone call was not easy. However, Johnson made sure that my experience with her was pleasant.
I called her on Thursday night and request a consultation that she offers for free. I wanted to do it on the weekend, she gave me an appointment for Saturday at 2:30pm. Now that I think about it, Saturdays are the busiest days for salons. However no matter how busy she was I never felt rushed, as she talked with me about the things I can do in my transition phase.
I will give Johnson 5 stars for her consultation service…
- The first star goes to her customer service; she was always pleasant to talk to and professional.
- Second star goes to her experience; she shared some great tips for style and care that I have already tried and have great results.
- Third star is for the atmosphere, once you enter the doors of the salon you feel like you are in a place for celebrities.
- Fourth star is because she did not try to up-charge; the price online is the price she quoted.
- She gets five stars because she doesn’t just do your hair, she works with you to make sure you understand how to do your own hair.
Many video’s and books demonstrate how to transition and or take care of healthy hair; I will continue to read and follow those v-bloggers for tips. However, I found that no two people have the same hair type and that makes learning about hair care and finding just the right product or regiment for healthy hair, overwhelming.
Having a professional examine your hair, ask you questions, and allow you to ask questions is a customized experience that may help you with your journey to healthy hair. I suggest picking someone who is a professional and who cares about hair. For free consultation try Tameeka McNeil-Johnson located in Manhattan, NY. For more information http://www.jadedtresses.com