Networking does not mean you have to buy the next ticket to a networking event. Networking can happen anywhere at anytime with anyone; as long as you are ready to make a connection with someone. Here is 5 unique places to network.
- Family Functions: All summer long family and friends are having unofficial networking parties. Meaning they are having a gatherings of some sort, game night, barbeques, baby showers, family reunions, etc. Come prepare to mingle with strangers and family members that can become potential clients, customers, etc. Have your business cards and your 15 second spill about what you do, you never know who among your family and friends will want in your product or service.
- Hairstylist: Everyone knows that the salon is the place for gossip, let the next buzz be about your product or services. Tell your hairstylist what you do and ask can you leave some business cards with her, you never know the next person in her chair my need your service.
- Local Business: Everyone has stores in the community they go to on a regular, now it is time to get to know the business owners and staff and let them get to know you. In friendly conversation while ringing up your groceries or doing laundry you can talk about your business and give out business cards and make a new connection.
- The Gym: The Gym is used all the time to meet new people, you already have something in common with them. In your conversation about work-out tips let people know that you also have a business you think they would be interested in.
- Your Neighbors: Get friendly with the nosy neighbors and tell them all your business, your money-making business, and see how rumors spread around about your business.