How many hours do you put into social networking? Do you put more hours into networking than writing?
I can get inspiration and ideas for writing from social networks and surfing the internet. However, I probably can write more if I was a little less consumed with the latest post on Facebook, picture on Instagram, or who un-followed me on twitter. So, I am going to challenge myself in October with #WritingB4Socializing challenge. If you are interested in challenging your writing try it with me.
The Challenge Rules::
- Everyday, write at least 4 hours before you turn on the internet, or check your social networks.
- You can break up the hours anyway you like, but you can not surf the internet or social networks until 4 hours of writing is complete.
- You can write whatever you want to write, it can be a daily journal, blog post, or a novel.
- Try to write everyday and the days you take a break from writing, you should take away from social networking and internet surfing.
- I know that you are just getting this post, you can start the day you get it. Some practice is better than none : )
This will be a serious challenge, but I am up to it, what about you? If you take on the #WritingB4Socializing challenge with me, let me know, share how this challenge is working for you in the comment section, or tweet about it after your 4 hours of writing, use #WritingB4Socializing.