Here is another dish created from my imagination and my crave for something sweet and savory. These pork chops is a delicious comfort to satisfy anyone’s #FoodCrave. If you decide to make it, make sure you don’t substitute the Granny Smith Apples with any other apples. The green apples gives a tangy taste that blends well with the sweet potatoes and savory pork chops. For a side dish I made frozen corn that came with its own twist, it had a grill taste and it was mixed with green and red peppers. You can add any side for a complete meal, however the dish makes a statement on its own. Enjoy!
- 8 pork chops with the bone
- 2 granny smith apples
- 2 Large sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup cran-raisins
- 1/2 stick butter
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 dashes powder ginger
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- Clean pork chops.
- Season pork chops with salt, black pepper, paprika, powder ginger, oregano and parsley.
- Let the pork chops sit for 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Cut apples into slices.
- Chop onions.
- Cut sweet potatoes into chunks.
- Pre-heat oven for 350°
- Place pork chops in baking pan with some of the onions.
- Cover with aluminum foil and place into oven.
- Put butter and brown sugar into heated pan cook until butter is melted.
- Add sweet potatoes, onions, apples to the pan, a dash of salt, and a dash of parsley stir well.
- Cook pork chops for 30 minutes, then add the sweet potatoes, apples, cran-raisins, and onions on top of the pork chops, cook for another 30 minutes.
- Take foil off for another 10 minutes to brown.